- Added AV-sync menu on [Playback screen → Menu → Audio]. This can be used for disabling AV-sync if audio keep stuttering.
- Added alternative HW+ decoder for Android 5.0 and above which will be used automatically on Android 7, HTC devices and CyanogenMod. For other devices, it can be activated manually on [Settings → Decoder → Alternative HW+ decoder].
- Supports Android 7.0 multi-window.
- Added an option for playing without video display on [Playback screen → Menu → Display → Video].
- Added swipe/pull down interface for refreshing media library. (Refresh method can be changed on [Settings → List → Refresh method])
- Added an option for unattended Android TV on [Settings → Player → Suppress error message].
- Fixed MX Player Pro not running on Android 7.
- AV sync improvement including Bluetooth audio output.
- Improved SSA subtitle rendering.
- Added audio synchronization menu.
- Added optional audio delay for Bluetooth audio output.
- Added stereo mode selection menu. (Stereo/Mono/Reverse)
- Integrated Kids Lock plugin into main module.
- Added an option for selectively use 'Preview while seeking' for network play.
- (Experimental) Tegra 3 devices running Android 6 now use NEON codec.
- Supports playback speed control. Speed can be changed on [Menu > Play > Speed] or by swiping up/down with two fingers. This feature is not available with HW decoder before Android 6.
- SSA subtitle rendering can be improved optionally on [Menu > Subtitle > Settings > Text]. This feature only works with SW decoder as of now.
- Improved network buffering.
- De-interlacing algorithm can be selected between yadif and w3fdif. This feature only works with SW decoder as of now.
- List screen floating button can be removed optionally on [Settings > List > Floating button].
- Remembers selections/options from previous playback even if starting over playback. This behavior can be changed on [Settings > Player > Remember selection].
- Fixed some issues on Android 6.
- No longer supports Android 2.x, 3.0/3.1 and ARMv5, ARMv6, MIPS CPUs.
- Added an option for selecting action on headset disconnected under Settings > Audio.
- Fixed broken HW+ decoder on some Android 5.1 devices.
- Support online subtitle downloading/uploading.
- Action for keyboard(DPad) up/down key can be defined on Playback screen > Menu > Display > Settings > Touch
- Can delete/rename files on external storage on Android 5.0 Lollipop and later.
- Added an option for disabling 'playback interface auto hiding'.
- Added an option for perform ff/rew on next/prev media buttons on Settings > Player > Next/Prev > FF/Rew.
- Added SW audio (local) option under Settings > Decoder.
- Display album arts on the lock screen while playing in background on Android 5.0 Lollipop and later.
- It can be turned off on Settings > Player > Background play > Album art.
- Playback screen theme can be changed on Settings > Player > Theme
- Added sleep timer on Playback screen menu > Tools > Sleep timer.
- Improved Android TV support.
- Improved background play interface.
- Added 'A-B repeat' feature.
- Added subtitle speed setting under subtitle submenu.
- Added S/W audio (network) under Settings > Decoder
- Handles mouse wheel movement on playback screen. Also can select behavior on Playback screen > Menu > Display > Settings > Touch > Wheel action. (This option is not visible unless a mouse is attached)
- Improved device compatibility.
- Fixed duplicated folder listing on some ASUS devices.
- Black theme is returned.
- Added Share menu.
- Added workaround for hardware menu button bug of some LG devices.
- Added options for trying HW and HW+ in sequence, under Settings > Decoder.
- Added system notification bar colorizing option for Android 5.0 Lollipop.
- Added default subtitile sync option under Settings > Subtitle.
- HW+ decoder can be selectively used depending on video codec, under Settings > Decoder > HW+ video codecs.
- Applied Material design.
- Added more themes.
- Support styling of playback screen interface. (Settings are under Playback screen > Menu > Display > Settings > Style)
- Fixed broken HW+ decoder on some Xperia devices.
- Added an option for trying hardware audio codec if software audio codec is not available under Settings > Decoder > HW+ audio on SW video.
- Remove AC3, MLP audio codec due to license issue.
- Added RTL subtitle disposition option under Settings > Subtitle for Android 4.2 and later.
- Added http user-agent overriding option under Settings > General.
- Supports Android 5.0
- Added View menu on the media list screen for the selection of view mode, sorting order, display fields.
- Supports MOD audio files including .mod, .s3m, .xm, .it, and more.
- Added "Scroll to last played media" option under Settings > List.
- Added "Toggle playback with play button" under Settings > Player.
- Audio track can be disabled through the audio track selection box.
- Sound volume can be changed independently of system volume by checking off Settings > Audio > System volume.
- Entire files on a folder can be played by long pressing folder item.
- HW+ decoder supports more devices including Tegra K1 based devices.
- Support VobSub(.sub/.idx) subtitle format.
- Two more screen lock modes are added under Settings > Player > Screen lock, to workaround bugs of some devices including Xiaomi Mi3 series.
- Added "Last media in each folders" under Settings > List.
- Separated Froyo, Eclair only version for free edition.
- Fixed some bugs issued on latest version.
- Improved thumbnail cache handling.
- Improved PGS subtitle (BD subtitle) support.
- Bug report can be saved as a file instead of opening email client.
- Fixed not displaying video plaback state properly on video/folder list in some cases.
- Improved hw+ decoder on .ts playback.
- Fixed displaying text on incorrect position for dvb subtitles.
- Fixed decoding video iamges incorrectly when resuming playback for some h264 videos with hw+, sw decoder.
- Fixed broken hw+ decoder for some devices on recent update.
- .Zip file can be selected as a custom codec.
- Support Android L Preview.
- Seperated Tegra3 codec.
- Support Teletext, PJS subtitle and basic support for WebVTT subtitle.
- Embedded subtitle mark changed to indicate subtitle type.
- Improved support for D-Pad navigation.
- Fixed not working on some devices since 1.7.22
- MX Player can be pre-installed as a system app. See FAQ for details.
- Added "preferred subtitle languages" under subtitle settings.
- Fixed not playing some audios. (But DTS audio still cannot be played without custom codec)
- Fixed crash on some devices having non-English interface.
- Support Android 4.4.3
- Added an option for disabling thumbnail cache.
- Fixed broken thumbnail cache clearing.
- Added support for importing/exporting of settings and activity records.
- Can delete files from external storage(sdcard) on Android 4.4 KitKat.
- Fixed not loading video embedded .otf fonts.
- Fixed random crash on playing music/video in background.
- Fixed not selecting audio track on initial startup on some videos.
- Added language option under the general settings. Interface language can be changed independent of system language.
- Added optional Zoom and/or Pan support.
- Added 'Clear font cache' function on the general settings.
- Added an option for ignoring media button input from external devices such as headsets, bluetooth devices, etc.
- Improved CPU type detection.
- Fixed ignoring saved subtitle bottom padding.
- Fixed PGS subtitle timing issue.
- Fixed broken playback of some .wmv files.
- Recognize cover arts.
- Added subtitle up/down/zoom gestures.
- Additional ARMv6 VFP, MIPS, and x86 codec package is not required anymore for Google play edition.
- Make a workaround for crash on some Asus Android 4.3 devices using Intel Atom CPU.
- Added three soft button display options for Android 4.4 on Settings > Player > Screen > Soft buttons.
- Added folder hiding feature which allows excluding specific folders from the video folder list while keeping upper folders unchanged. This feature is available on folder list context menu and Settings > List > Video folders.
- Added h/w decoder playback position calibration option on decoder settings for devices displaying position incorrectly.
- Recognize default audio track.
- Recognize video orientation on h/w+ decoder and video thumbnail generation on Android 2.3 and above.
- Fixed MX Player service process to be terminated after MX Player become idle.
- Fixed overlapping texts when switching subtitles.
- Fixed random frame drop on some devices.
- Fixed perfoming subtitle scrolling outside subtitle area.
- Fixed not placing hidden videos on 'play last video' button and menu.
- Fixed crash if Accented English is selected as the system language.
- Added 'reset to default' menu in the video folder option screen.
- File can be renamed in the playback screen through Menu > Tools > Rename.
- Editing settings are moved to the general category.
- Can turn off subtitle scrolling.
- Fixed volume/brightness swiping error when headset is connected on Android 4.4 devices.
- Fixed HW+ decoder crash on some HTC 4.3/4.4 devices.
- Fixed audio disappearing error for some iptv/mts videos.
- Added an option to pause playback if playback window is obscured by another window.
- Added full screen option for 4.3/4.4 devices having software navigation buttons.
- Fixed not loading proper subtitles matching current system language. (Only if subtitle contains language information.)
- Support Android 4.4.1, 4.4.2.
- Fixed crashing on some Android 4.3 and 4.4 devices.
- Support Android 4.4 KitKat.
- Fixed not supporting some Android 4.3 devices including Nexus 7 2nd generation.
- Fixed unexpected playback pause.
- Fixed not listing audio files sometimes if used as audio player.
- Fixed not hiding software keys sometimes on Android 4.3
- Added options to disable audio fading.
- Added an option to zoom video for each 50% (150%, 250%,...)
- Added an option not to delete subtitle files when deleting video files. (Settings > List > Delete subtitles files together)
- Fixed FC when starting some videos on Android 4.1 and higher.
- Fixed codec loading error when running with restricted profiles on Android 4.3 tablets.
- Added play menu on the video list screen to resume last watched video.
- Changed to show system volume panel while changing volume with the headset plugged in. Thus volume safe warning dialog will be showed up.
- Support Android 4.3.
- Improved Hi10p playback performance with s/w decoder.
- Added an option to use h/w decoder's native audio track selecting feature for Android 4.1 and higher.
- Added "audio player" option to use MX Player as an audio player.
- Added YUV color format for s/w decoder.
- Added an option for selecting preferred audio language.
- "Back to list" option replaces "Playback completion action" option.
- Added an option to override software navigation button configuration for devices having incorrect system configuration.
- Fixed not hiding soft buttons on NTT ARROWS NX and Lenovo Stuttgart.
- Fixed playback screen ui issue on Meizu Flyme 2.x.
- Support devices having old Marvell CPU.
- Fixed navigation bar at the bottom to be hidden while playing video on Jellybean tablet devices.
- Fixed custom codec to be reloaded automatically.
- Added thumbnail rebuilding menu for each videos.
- Added file association to .wtv and .dvr-ms files.
- Changed video/folder property texts to be select-able on Android 3.0 Honeycomb and later.
- Added Android 4.0 compatible ui mode for Android 4.1 and higher.
- Added color setting for elapsed time and battery/clock text.
- Added an option to double-tap the back button option to close playback screen.
- Improved network subtitle file loading.
- Fixed broken ogg video playback (.ogg .ogv .ogm)
- Fixed broken touch actions on devices having soft main keys.
- Pro version can be purchased from product home page even if device is not certified by Google.
- Fixed broken h/w+ decoder on Tegra 3 and Intel x86 devices.
- Fixed broken s/w audio decoder settings.
- Moved screen rotation button to left side of the screen on Android 3.0 and later.
- Added hiding option of screen rotation button.
- Added screen rotation button.
- Added a new orientation option named "use video orientation". This will select screen orientation from video orientation.
- Added https protocol support on s/w decoder.
- Added an optional to disable double tap gesture.
- Improved h/w+ decoder.
- Fixed broken h/w+ decoder on Android 3.x Honeycomb and some Snapdragon ICS, Jellybean devices.
- Added support for double tap gesture; Toggle play/pause.
- Added support for Samsung multiwindow.
- Added an option to hide position text while seeking video. Check Playback screen > Menu > Display > Settings > Navigation > Display position text while seeking video
- Changed Kids Lock behavior; If kids lock is in use, do not exit playback screen even if last video is finished.
- Fixed h/w+ playback failure on Google Nexus 10.
- Fixed dialogs not to hide behind main window in Android 4.2
- Fixed starting-up error on Intel x86 Android 4.1 build.
- Fixed loading error on some custom ROMs.
- Fixed displaying action selection popup when opening a web link.
- Fixed incomplete anamorphic video support.
- Fixed SubRip subtitle file loading error.
- Fixed to pause video playback when other app's window pops up.
- (Dev.) Added "headers" intent extra.
- Fixed not automatically advancing to next video/audio when screen is locked.
- Fixed broken Tegra3 s/w video playback.
- Fixed broken MIPS s/w audio playback.
- Added Playback screen > Menu > Play> Use speedup tricks. This option is only available with s/w decoder and has same effect as selecting s/w fast decoder in old version.
- Added support for moving between buttons with key input.
- Fixed to use full screen while video playback on Nexus 10.
- Fixed releasing input lock when looping single video.
- Fixed showing same folders twice on Android 4.2
- Supports Android 4.2 JellyBean MR1.
- Supports more HTML color codes.
- Improved MPEG-TS video seeking.
- Fixed HE-AAC audio playback error in some condition.
- Fixed to hide Kindle Fire HD 7 navigation bar with input locked.
- Fixed seeking error with some audio files.
- Fixed media file scan failure on some JB devices.
- Increased maximum subtitle file size to 5 MB.
- Fixed broken video seeking by swiping.
- Fixed broken video seeking to the end position.
- Fixed starting up error on some devices including Foxconn Pocketbook A10.
- Changed custom codec file name (libavcodec.mx.so...)
- Added an option to show preview images while seeking videos.
- Added an option to disable volume boost.
- Added "loop one" in Playback screen > Menu > Play.
- Recognizes subtitle files having language or number suffix.
- Fixed some .avi file playback error.
- Fixed to load subtitle file from subtitle folder when playing remote videos.
- Fixed noisy audio with some .rmvb files.
- Fixed broken background play in 1.7.3
- Added title bar clock/battery display option for tablet devices.
- Fixed playback error on CyanogenMod 10
- Improved headset plugging handling.
- Handles headset/media key input when input control is locked.
- Fixed broken >2GB file reading on 1.7.1
- Fixed pause/resume touch action to show UI when screen corner is touched.
- Disabled H/W+ decoder by default.
- Reverted controversy main icon.
- Fixed bugs issued on v1.7
- Stabilized S/W decoder on Tegra 3 devices such as ASUS Transformer Prime, HTC One X, Nexus 7.
- Added new hardware decoder named H/W+. (However, H/W+ decoder is available only on limited devices)
- Added support for x86 CPU.
- Added background play. (long presss play button)
- Added supprot for custom FFmpeg build.
- Added fast scrollbar on the video list screen.
- Added fast seek option to improve seeking speed with h/w+ and s/w decoder.
- Improved a/v sync with S/W decoder.
- Fixed to hide soft button on 7" JB devices such as Nexus 7.
- Fixed incorrect video aspect ratio on some ICS/JB devices.
- Fixed color code parsing error on MicroDVD, MPL2, PowerDivX, TMPlayer subtitles.
- Fixed SSA subtitle rendering error.
- Removed S/W fast decoding mode. Fast decoding mode will be automatically selected.
- Fixed crash on tablet devices and settings screen.
- Added support for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Added support for MIPS CPU having MIPS32 rev.2 instruction set.
- Fixed some network playback errors.
- Fixed audio playback error with some codecs.
- Added file deletion menu on playback screen.
- Changed not to show UI while loading video.
- Fixed .m3u8 playback error.
- Removed DTS audio codec due to license issue.
- Added a reset menu to clear all user settings.
- Added an option to resume only the first video.
- Added an option to adjust interface auto hide delay ranging 1 to 10 sec.
- Fixed video control panel interface disorder on some devices.
- Fixed disabled volume key while input locked.
- (Pro) Fixed frequent license checking.
- (Pro) Added license status display on the About screen.
- Improved input lock and added the Kids Lock.
- Improved headset key input handling.
- Added an option to disable http/https video URL association.
- Added an option to apply selected aspect ratio to all videos.
- Added 'Use system default' to screen orientations.
- Added an option to display remaining time instead of elapsed time. This can be easily switched by touching elapsed time text on the right edge of video progress bar.
- Added an option to add Quit button on the menu. Unlike back and home button, quit button completely terminates applciation.
- Added an option not to interrupt current playback of other players.
- Added an option to hide previous/next video button.
- Fixed swiping to incorrect position on SAMI subtitles.
- Fixed 10bits videos playback error with H/W decoder on some devices.
- Fixed stopping playback when seeking video position on some devices.
- Fixed not excluding videos having unsupported file extension.
- Fixed incorrect CPU type recognition on some devices.
- Fixed bitmap subtitle handling error on Kindle Fire.
- Fixed conflict with some security softwares.
- Added an option to select NEW tag display period of the folder/video list.
- Fixed stopping playback when seeking video position in some devices.
- Fixed video playback error in 1.6c for some videos.
- Fixed battery/clock background color drawing error.
- Fixed resuming to incorrect playback position.
- Increased maximum volume of S/W audio to 200%
- Improved text subtitle drawing speed.
- Improved integrity checking of internal modules.
- Added options for on-screen elapsed time, battery/clock display; Background color and Bottom placement.
- Added support for .mov text subtitle.
- Added shuffle/loop option. (Long click the next video button)
- Added border thickness option for text subtitles. (except SSA)
- Added fade-out option for subtitle text; Turn on this option to see fade out effect for disappearing texts.
- Changed drawing order for bitmap/ssa subtitles to be placed above subtitle background.
- Changed SSA default font option to be a global option.
- Changed playback screen menu.
- Made slightly darker for 0 brightness level, but if your hardware supports it.
- Made minimum seek speed lower.
- Made the previous video button work smart; The previous video button either opens previous video or restarts current video from the beginning depending on playback position.
- Made default H/W subtitle of some ROMs not to be displayed. This can be reverted by an option on settings screen.
- Fixed file scanning bug.
- Fixed playback stopping bug after completing video seeking on some devices.
- Fixed network play error.
- Added font folder selection menu on the settings window.
- Added an option to ignore font specified on SSA script but use default font instead.
- Added an option to disable folder/video editing menu.
- Added SSA subtitle display size scaling option.
- Improved S/W audio processing.
- Improved slowing down problem when internal subtitle is used.
- Fixed subtitle HTML color tag handling problem.
- Fixed subtitle loading error related to internal subtitle.
- Fixed backlight handling error when lock button is used.
- Fixed ANR error when playback screen is closed while connecting to remote host.
- Changed playback screen menu.
- Added support for DVD, DVB, SSA/ASS subtitle tracks. (But subtitle scrolling is fairly limited with embedded subtitles. Also Teletext subtitles are still not supported.)
- Added support for full styling of SSA/ASS subtitles.
- Added support for Ruby tag. (Only useful with East Asian texts)
- Added option to select subtitle folder.
- Added network subtitle file loading with http:// playback.
- Added support for loading previous/next videos with http:// playback.
- Added support for mms:// playback
- Added support for playing Gmail attached video.
- Added support for .m3u(8) playback.
- Added option not to touch main button backlight to avoid Galaxy Ace/Geo's backlight error.
- Added selection window between resume/start-over on playback startup.
- Added option to keep screen on even after playback stopped.
- Added option to change seeking speed by screen swiping.
- Added keyboard shortcuts on options menu.
- Added battery charging indicator.
- Added battery/clock display option on tablet devices.
- Added option to limit video zooming size on H/W decoded screen.
- Added log sending function. (MX Log Collector is required.)
- Added video zoom menu (Long click the video zoom button)
- Added rotation lock menu (Lock click the lock button)
- Added option to show current progress when locked screen is touched.
- Improved network URL input window.
- Changed video/audio synchronizing logic on S/W decoder.
- Fixed incorrect aspect ratio of H/W decoded screen on Android 4.0 devices.
- Fixed seldom losing internal states.
- Fixed playback screen display error on some devices.
- Fixed abnormal termination while loading video thumbnail.
- Fixed .srt parsing error having display position.
- Reduced main storage usage when installed on SD card.
- Added option to select full screen view.
- Changed user interface for Android 3.x and 4.0 devices. Menu become accessible on Galaxy Nexus.
- Changed subtitle sync adjust time unit to 0.1 second.
- Changed not to pause default music player when starting video playback.
- Block home button when input is locked. (Also added "System tools" permission for this)
- Turn off (or dim out) main button backlights while playing videos. (Froyo and higher)
- Fixed sync problem after changing playback position on Android 4.0 and some other devices.
- Fixed network play failing bug.
- Improved SAMI subtitle parser.
- Fixed ignoring bold style for custom subtitle font.
- Added black theme for video list.
- Changed video list interface slightly.
- Changed to hide soft buttons on playback screen in Android 4.0.
- Added option to play from beginning for network play.
- Reduced storage space usage.
- Fixed abnormal termination on Android 2.1.
- Fixed overwriting existing file when files are renamed to the same name as existing files.
- Fixed displaying menu outside the screen on Honeycomb 3.0 and 3.1.
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) support.
- Added option to select S/W decoder separately for network play.
- Added option to add 'Close' menu on video playback screen.
- Improved thumbnail extracting algorithm.
- Display more information on video property window.
- Fixed some no response error when leaving playback screen.
- Fixed screen turning off problem when looping playback.
- Fixed some audio sync mismatch.
- Fixed some playback issue of variable bitrate video.
- Fixed rendering quality problem of Mpeg2 TS video.
- Added option to select color depth of S/W decoded video.
- Added option to remove video thumbnail.
- Added option to remove 'new' tag.
- Fixed playback position resume problem.
- Keep video state even if storage were removed and mounted again.
- Remove 'new' tag for finished videos.
- Permissions added on v1.4 was removed.
- Screen dragging can be selectively disabled.
- Improved playback speed of Mjpeg video with S/W decoder.
- Added Help and Version check menu.
- Added thumbnail cache clear.
- Added option to deinterlace by default.
- Can open network stream URL directly.
- Can disable playback position change by dragging screen.
- Fixed S/W decoder color problem on some devices.
- Fixed some audio playback problem.
- Fixed opening MX Video Player when downloading files from web browser.
- Improved streaming media playback.
- Improved Bluetooth button handling.
- Decoder can be switched even in the middle of loading.
- Added 'Play from Beginning' option.
- Keep screen on while loading.
- Added 'Start/Pause Playback with Interface' tab action.
- Fixed playback problem on some devices.
- Fixed MPEG2-TS related bug.
- Made Bluetooth play/pause button work on Honeycomb.
- Fixed playback problem of some MPEG2-TS Video.
- Fixed looking for incorrect Codecs on some devices.
- Video playback screen is completely changed.
- Support Honeycomb.
- Audio track can be changed while using H/W decoder. (Some devices may not be able to change.)
- Deinterlacing became possible for S/W decoding mode.
- Multiple subtitles can be displayed simultaneously.
- Video view can be resized using multi-touch. Besides, more zoom modes are added. (However, it may not work properly on some devices. Set resizing delay time if the screen severely flickers or freezes while resizing.)
- Video file extension can be edited.
- .nomedia file can be ignored.
- Visibility of hidden files and folders can be selected.
- Prev/Next/Backward/Forward buttons are added. (Backward/Forwad buttons are only appeared when turned on in Navigation setting.)
- Forward/Backward can be used by keyboard or D-pad arrow keys.
- Playback complete action became selectable. it plays next video by default.
- 'Auto Rotation' now includes portrait orientation.
- Subtitle drawing quality has been improved. Shadow effect can be turned off.
- Bold subtitle text drawing became available for user's fonts.
- On-screen brightness control (up/down on left half of screen) will be disabled if manual brightness control is turned off.
- Improved playback for MPEG-TS.
- Improved 5.1ch audio playback.
- ARMv5 Codec has been added.
- Fixed screen black-out problem.
- Fixed lip-sync problem.
- Fixed noise and low volume problems for some 5.1 channel audios.
- Fixed incorrect aspect ratio display problem for some videos
- Multi-core decoding is available. (some CODECs may not support.)
- Two S/W decoding modes are available. For speed and quality modes.
- Support streaming video on S/W decoding mode
- Video navigation speed has been improved.
- Playback has been improved for large video files over 2GB.
- Audio playback no longer stutters.
- Directories with .nomedia file will not be listed.
- .OGG Video and .VOB playback has been improved.
- The process of embedded subtitles for .MKV has been improved.
- Some UI and icons have been improved.
- Sound Volume and Brightness Bar are now positioned correctly on high resolution screen.
- 180 degree rotation is now available for Gingerbread or higher.
- User Fonts for subtitle became selectable. (As default, .TTF and .OTF files on /sdcard or /mnt/sdcard will be listed.)
- Subtitle auto-loading can be turned off
- Subtitle text border can be turned off.
- Video loading screen is added.
- More preference menus are added.
- Video folder selection became available.