- Plays almost every movie files including .3gp .avi .divx, .f4v .flv .mkv .mp4 .mpeg .mov .vob .wmv .webm and many more.
- Advanced Hardware Accelerated decoding (with HW+ decoder)
- Better hi10p support.
- Processor optimization
- High-speed rendering for ARM® NEON™ compliant processors.
- Provides processor specific Codecs including Tegra 2 processor.
Variable Playback Speed
- Change the Playback Speed on the fly by swiping up/down with two fingers
- Alternatively, while playing any file, you can Just navigate to Menu > Play > Speed to control it more precisely
Note: In HW decoder, Playback Speed can be changed only in Android 6.0 and newer Android versions. For the devices with lower Android versions, play the videos in either HW+ or SW decoder in order to change the playback speed.
Switching Audio Track
- The audio track can be changed dynamically.
Multiple Decoding Modes
- MX Player comes up with multiple decoding modes (HW, HW+ & SW)
- Advanced Hardware Accelerated Decoders (HW, HW+) makes the playback more smooth & battery efficient.
- Quickly change decoding mode - Click SW or HW button on the screen while playing to change the decoding mode seamlessly.
More Controls over Playback
- Move forward/backward (Optional)
- A-B repeat.
- Aspect ratio selection.
- Deinterlacing (SW decoder only)
- Previews while seeking.
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Space: Resume / Pause
- DPAD Left / Right: Seek backward / forward
- Menu shortcuts
- Toggle between elapsed time and remaining time - touch elapsed time text on the video control panel.
- Background play - Long press play button.
- Selectively disable HTTP/HTTPS video link handling - To prevent unwanted video play when a video link is clicked on a web browser.
- Easy User Interface
- Folder List - Lists only folders that contain movie files, instead of all folders.
- Tags - Draws subtitle tag if a movie contains subtitle track or has associated subtitle file. and 'new' tag for recently copied file.
- Display the last watched movie and finished movies in different color.
- Maintains resume position for every movies.
- Display cover arts.
- File Management
- High speed SD Card scan - it can scan entire SD card in a few second.
- File and folder editing.
- Movie search
- Multiple themes
- Supported Subtitle Formats
- DVD, DVB, SSA/ASS Subtitle Tracks.
- SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.ass) with full styling.
- SAMI(.smi) with ruby tag support.
- Online subtitle finding.
- Multi-subtitle support
- Can read and display multiple subtitle files simultaneously.
- Subtitle Gesture
- Scroll forward/backward - Move between subtitle texts and change video playback position quickly.
- Up/down - Move subtitle texts up and down to move text up and down.
- Zoom in/out - Change text size & scale. (Scale is only for ssa and image subtitles)
- Clear Text
Increased subtitle readability with ticker border and shadow.
- Typical video player
- MX Player
- Supports text styling and coloring script.
- Supports user fonts of TTF and OTF format.
- Sync adjustment.
- Speed adjustment.
- Fade out effect - Makes texts to disappear smoothly.
- Optional Italic styling for lines starting with "/" (slash).
- (Android 4.0 and later) HW Acceleration - Improve drawing speed of text subtitles (except SSA)
- Pinch to zoom and/or pan(optional).
- Drag Horizontally - Change playback position.
- Drag Vertically on right half of the screen - Sound volume control.
- Drag Vertically on left half of the screen - Brightness control. (On some devices, system's auto brightness control should be turned off to use this function.)
- Double tap - Play/Pause toggle. (optional)
- Screen Settings
- Adjust screen and subtitle display settings without leaving the video playback screen.
- Optionally display current time and battery status.
- Video zoom - Long press zoom button.
- Lock target selection - Long press lock button.
- Keyboard navigation.
- Mouse wheel handling.
- Joystick left/right button handling.
- Shuffle / Loops - Long press next button.
- Kids Lock
- Makes unlocking difficult to prevent kids from making calls or starting other apps.
- Colorful and animating shapes appears responding to screen touch. (optional)
- Touch 4 corners clockwise to unlock screen.
- Can be selected in Settings > Player > Touch controls > Lock mode > Kids lock (+touch effects)
- Supports Samsung Multiwindow.
- Volume boost (200%)
- OS: Android 2.1, Windows 8.1, Windows Phone 8.1 and higher.
- CPU: ARM v5TE and higher, MIPS32 rev.2, Intel x86